- Patrick Black: A Cleaner Youtube – an extension for Chrome, Firefox or Safari that removes all related content & comments from YouTube viewing
- Deb Truskey: NASA HD iPad app
- Your host for tonight….Jeremy Brown: ShowMe Interactive Whiteboard (FREE), Dolls House ($2.99), & Dream Place for iPad (FREE w/ $.99 in-app purchase to unlock all content)
- An Open Letter to School Administrators
- I’m NOT your Enemy: Secrets from your child’s SPED teacher
- Google Apps Accessibility Research
- GENERAL EDUCATION TEACHERS:
- SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGISTS:
- OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS:
“ON THE RADAR”:
- Interactive Whiteboards:
- Mobile Learning (iOS/Android):
- Web 2.0 Tools:
- Google +
- Goalbook – ALPHA test to start Monday (July 11th)
- Goal Chart ($2.99) – create & print customized goal\reward chart(s). Type in goal & reward and add image of reward. Could also arrange multiple goal charts on a Vision Board.
- SafetyBrowser ($.99 for limited time) – visual, safe interface for kids to the use the web. Parents\teachers choose sites (or parts of a site using filters) & others are blocked. Setup visual homepage with thumbnails for each approved site. Features include multiple profiles, kiosk mode, timed session, & usage log.
- CutieMelody (FREE) – simple version of children’s glockenspiel with realistic sounds, responsive playing\sliding, & animated feedback
- Kids Make Music ($1.99) – unique, attractive, & easy to use soundboard, 4 screens to choose from (bass guitar, percussion, xylophone, & funny objects), authentic sounds
- After Me ($.99) – Simon Says game using words/images – improves memory skills, classification, & reading/spelling of basic words. 4 word groups (shapes, animals, fruits, & foods). Available as iOS app as well.
- Fantastic 4 In A Row Free
- What is my job? (FREE)
- Lets Math ($.99) – number sounds, writing numerals, counting images, add/subtract using images
- Pre-K Math ($1.99) – read & write numbers 1-10, counting 1-10, sequencing numbers 1-10 & 10-1, more/less, shapes
- SpellBoard ($4.99) – app to help students improve spelling. Use included lists (Dolch words, etc.) or input your own. Optionally, you can enter phrase/sentence for each word as well. Ability to record words using your own voice. Records data. Also available as iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch app!
- Hamster Free eBook converter (FREE)
- Twitter chats:
- SLPchat: August 7th
- SPEDchat: Tuesdays
- Recent & Upcoming Conferences:
- ISTE 2011
- Lekotek Webinar – Apps for Play and Learning for Children with Disabilities
- Patrick Black
- July 25, 12-1 pm (CST)
- That’s how I feel by Smarty Ears ($2.99) – 2 codes to giveaway for listeners who comment on this episode’s show notes!
If you would like to continue the conversations, you can find the crew at Patrick Black at http://about.me/patrickblack or @teachntech00 on Twitter, Deb Truskey at @debtruskeyand@SLPDeb on Twitter, and Jeremy Brown at @techieteacher on Twitter or iTeach Special Education – iOS Devices in Special Education on Facebook. If you have suggestions, comments or queries about the show you can reach the whole Edceptional crew by emailing Edceptional@edreach.us.