EdCeptional kicked off our 3rd podcast with the addition of a special guest, Jeremy Brown. We are very excited to announce that Jeremy did such a great job that we are not going to let him go! Jeremy Brown will now be a part of our weekly podcast along with Deb Truskey, Patrick Black and host Anne Truger.
This month kicks off Autism Awareness Month and there are some great deals to be had to celebrate. Be sure to read all of the notes to find those hidden gems! We covered so many topics in the podcast last night listed below are all of the URLs we covered.
- The Horizon Report Says Education Is Going Mobile
- A follow up to our SLP whitepaper discussion on the use of mobile technologies
- The State News: New app offers modern form of help for nonverbal by Megan Durisin
- “To App or not to App” blog post by Patrick Black
- Tech & Learning: Involve, Prepare, Apply and Develop: iPads in the Classroom – Autumn Kelley, Director of Curriculum and Instrcution for Sepcialized Educational Services, Inc.
- Eat. Pray. Teach. – by Morgan Kolis
- iPad: A Tool for Differentiation by Wesley Fryer (Speed of Creativityblog)
On the Radar:
- Apps for Children with Special Needs (A4CWSN)
- Mighty Book Jr.– FREE subscription code: Autism Speaks
- Tumblebooks– subscription ($500/school)
- Easy Learning Books -Stories with real pictures. Limited but with many extra teacher supports
- Tarheel Reader– FREE, accessible online, downloadable, etc
- Accessible Books Collection – subscription ($49.95/year)- HTML, Clicker 5, Intellitools Classroom Suite, Boardmaker Plus! v6
- Twitter – #spedchat Tues 7:30CST pm
- Autism Awareness Month – Watch out for a number of app giveaways or discounts to celebrate! (GRACE, Expressive, Kindergarten.com flashcard series, Good Karma’s apps – 50% off, See.Touch.Learn – 50% off and reduced in-app prices, & others.)
- list on A4CWSN home page
- Special Education section on iTunes